Chapter II~ Too young

Too young. A phrase I often hear. "You're too young to understand." "Don't tell her she's too young." "Nah don't spoil it, she's too young."

Raise your hand if you have ever heard this expression. "Too young" something often expressed to show you're not able to comprehend something or understand.

This phrase reverts back to my beginning

Not to brag but when I was younger and even now, I consider myself intelligent. Now the age of five rolled around and I was coming from kindergarten to first grade.

They wanted to hold me back another year. They claimed I was "too young". There goes that phrase again.

Thanks to my mother I did not have to repeat kindergarten and ended up moving to first grade. Being the youngest kid in my grade of course.

As the grade progressed I was still considered the youngest kid no matter what. The teachers attempted to talk as if I was three years old just because my age did not match the others.

This infuriated me and I pushed to make sure one day I could prove them wrong. I ended up surpassing my class and got into the advanced program in Junior High.

I was more than ecstatic to prove that my age did not define who I was. Though reaching my family was another problem.

See I was told there were some things I just would not understand. But as I told my Nana, "Age doesn't define one's wisdom amount."

Meaning yeah I may be younger than you, yet that doesn't mean you are wiser than me.

People have many misconceptions' thinking the older, the wiser you are. And in some cases that may appear true, yet in others no.

I myself have experienced this. And I find it quite amusing when you know your correct and the supposedly smarter person is incorrect.

I feel that this should be posted because maybe someone is going through what I am now. The phase where everyone thinks you don't understand because you are  "Too young".

And with that, I conclude Chapter Two of When in Life.

Sincerely
     M.K


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts