Chapter V~ Listen Closely

Listen Closely, for the fear you may be missing something. Listen to the birds whistling in your ear and the ruffling of the trees.

Don't I sound so poetic! Listen Closely is something that was drilled into my childhood. To listen to what other people have to say and respectfully agree or disagree with that person.

In an orchestra, we learned to listen to pitches and tunes closely. To figure out note by note how to play correctly.

In the real world, listening is everything to everybody right now. As I said earlier in the post listening is everything, or else you'll miss out on something.

I don't speak, don't dare utter a whisper for the fear of missing out. I don't read in the car anymore I'm not consumed on my phone for the fear of not hearing.

Not hearing those pleas of help that get broadcasted on the news every day. Not hearing the cheers of your favorite teams winning.

Not hearing the sound of the wind in the trees or even the insects above and beneath you. Not hearing the sound of the pavement or dirt beneath you.

Not hearing God calling you in every life form possible. Not hearing anything because you are too consumed.

That's my fear. That one day I won't be able to hear. Not able to hear you calling my name, not being able to hear everything.

This is a lesson my father taught me. To hear everything, for the fear one day you might not be able too.

So what do you hear? And that concludes Chapter 5 of When in Life.

Sincerely
     M.K  
 


Comments

Popular Posts