Chapter VII~ Little Smidgen

Hey, Guys, this isn't the usual post that I update my blog with. Yet this was a poem I wrote about a few months back from a mother's point of view.

It was a new writing style I was trying so here's the poem:

Child How little you know of me 
The sacrifices I’ve made to take care of you
The things I’ve given up because I love you

Child, how happy I was when you came
A joy to the world, as I should say
You brought a smile on our faces. 

Child, how beautiful you grew 
Your kindness shined through the room
How joyful God made you. 

Child, how you teens took a toll
You were saddened and thought I didn’t understand.   
How I proved you wrong and took your hand

As you moved out I cried. 
To the fact you grew up before my eyes 
And then I knew, Much to my demise 

You wouldn’t need me as much. 
You blossomed into a beautiful flower
You seem to be showered with love. 

You grew to be my beautiful baby girl
My beautiful caterpillar grew
She grew up to be Mica. 

And how I knew the most wonderful things. 
Take time to grow
And as you did you grew to be beautiful 
So never stop dreaming and never stop believing 

How beautiful you are too me 
and how awesome you can be 
Love always Mom 

Sincerely, 

M. K 



Comments

Popular Posts